Construction cancels Homecoming Parade

Leslie Benitez, Opinions Editor

Due to construction, there will be no homecoming parade this school year. 

Construction on the bleachers will not allow the parade to be held. There are 80 feet of new bleachers being added to the home-side of the field, according to Principal Dr. Jeffrey Stichler.  Because of this, the bleachers will not be in use for about three or four more weeks. 

“The construction crews will be taking down the stairs and ramps of the bleachers and adding more steel to the ends, because of this we can’t have a homecoming parade,” Stichler said. 

Every year, the school hosts a parade on the football field to celebrate homecoming. 

“I am kind of sad to not have a parade this year,” sophomore Starlette Vanessa De La Trinidad said. “We don’t get to see all the organizations go out and make floats.”

In the event, Starlettes do stand routine dances around the parade, while the cheerleaders go around spreading school spirit in the crowd. Meanwhile, the band plays tunes on the field as the different sports, clubs and organizations present their floats around the track.

“It was really fun, and loud exactly what a pep rally and parade should be,” sophomore Alyssa Meier said. 

Although there will be no Homecoming Parade, there will still be a pep rally to celebrate Homecoming on Friday. The bleachers remain under construction for now, but the football field is still available for practice by band, Starlettes, football teams and other sports.