SPORTS RECAP 11/14-11/18: Swim advances 3 to district

Photo: Emily Bishop

SWIM FOR GOLD. Senior Zoe Venoy swam on Nov. 10, 2022 at The Woodforest Natatorium against Conroe on Senior Night. Venoy was the only senior on the swim team and made second place overall district. “Making district and being the only senior that night was a lot but I’m glad I had my team by my side cheering me on and pushing me to do my best,” Venoy said.

Bridgette Miranda, Web Editor in Chief

Golf

On Nov. 7, 2022, the girls team had a tournament against Grand Oaks while the JV boys team had a tournament at Oak Ridge on Nov. 8, 2022. This Tuesday the girls traveled to an Oak Ridge match. 

Girls Basketball

The Girls Basketball teams had tournaments throughout Nov. 10-12, 2022. Freshman played at College Park. JV played at Oak Ridge and Varsity played at Conroe. On Tuesday the girls faced Splendora in an away game where Varsity lost 35-31 and JV won 41-11. Varsity will be traveling to Splendora again for a three day tournament from Thursday through Saturday. Freshman will compete in a tournament the same dates at Kingwood Park.

Boys Basketball

The Boys Basketball teams played Klein Oak in a home game last Friday, Varsity losing 54-26. This Tuesday the teams defeated Brookshire Royal in a clean sweep home game On Friday, they will be playing in a home game against Lamar Consolidated.

Swim

Swim had their senior night during their meet last Thursday against Conroe at The Woodforest Natatorium. 

Wrestling

Today, wrestling will be having a home match against Klein and on Friday they will be competing away at the Cy Ridge Classic.

Bowling

Today, bowling will be hosting New Waverly at Time to Spare.