Students have mixed feelings on new Covid restrictions

Litzy Reynoso, Reporter

Ever since the reopening of school, students have been required to wear masks/lanyards and are expected to follow the new safety/health rules at school.
Masks are now required everywhere now and some of our students have adapted to it while others are against it.
“In my opinion students should be required to wear masks,” junior Emily Gonzalez said. “When we’re going from class to class, we are in very close contact with other students and we don’t know where that student has been.”
On the other hand, some students say masks have affected them in a negative way.
“I think it does absolutely nothing for our health,” junior Breanna Pilgrim said. “It’s triggered my asthma a multitude of times.”
The use of a mask has now become part of our daily routine for more than half a year but masks aren’t the only thing we are required to wear everyday at school this year, students are now required to wear a lanyard with their ID due to safety at our school.
“I say lanyards are fine,” freshman Cason Smith said. “It’s hard to tell who is who due to your mask covering half your face.”
Other students don’t care if they have to wear lanyards or not.
“I think they’re OK, I don’t see the point of them but I get it because we are wearing masks and you can’t see faces,” junior Remy Rivera said. “But who would walk into school willingly that doesn’t belong there?”
This year is different compared to our past years due to the drastic change in rules and procedures that were implemented during this school year. COVID has affected every student differently.
Sophomore Jayleha Ramos thinks this new school year “sucks” compared to past years.
“It sucks for the freshmen because they don’t get to experience what we had when we were freshmen,” Ramos said. “They don’t get the fun pep rallies, they only get to be with two classes, we had it with all the classes and it was fun because you competed with each class, and now you can’t because now it’s you and the one other class”