Soccer to hold tryouts

Freshman+Elizabeth+Sanchez+attempts+to+gain+control+of+the+ball+against+Kingwood+Parks+player+in+a+file+photo+from+March+2022.+Well%2C+I+have+learned+a+lot+of+things+about+soccer+like+my+dribbling%2C+my+shooting+everything+has+gotten+way+better.+The+people+on+the+team%2C+I+love+the+people+on+the+team+theyre+so+nice+like+I+love+them.+It+was+a+really+good+season%2C+had+really+good+games%2C+we+lost+some+games%2C+but+we+won+some+games%2C+we+did+really+really+good+on+them+and+I+am+proud+of+where+the+team+has+come%2C+said+Elizabeth+Sanchez.+

Photo: Emily Maldonado

Freshman Elizabeth Sanchez attempts to gain control of the ball against Kingwood Park’s player in a file photo from March 2022. “Well, I have learned a lot of things about soccer like my dribbling, my shooting everything has gotten way better. The people on the team, I love the people on the team they’re so nice like I love them. It was a really good season, had really good games, we lost some games, but we won some games, we did really really good on them and I am proud of where the team has come,” said Elizabeth Sanchez.

James Ochoa, Reporter

Girls Soccer tryouts will be held on Nov. 28-29, 2022 afterschool on the turf at the football field from 2:45-5:00.

Boys Soccer tryouts will be held on Nov. 29, 2022 afterschool at the back practice fields from 2:45-5:00. 

A physical, as well as all Rank One paperwork must be completed and on file with the athletic trainers before tryouts to be able to participate.

Any girl looking to try out needs to sign up with Head Girls Soccer Coach, Gretchen Kloes in room 4104 before Friday, Nov. 18, 2022. Any boy looking to try out needs to sign up with Head Boys Soccer Coach Andrew McGregor in room 3406 before Friday Nov. 18, 2022.