Cole Cooper’s family creates GoFundMe for medical expenses

Photo: Facebook

A prayer request image going around social media for senior Cole Cooper.

Montgomery County Police Reporter

Jose Gomez, State & International News Editor

UPDATE 1/17

There is a GoFundMe fundraiser available for Cole Cooper to help pay for his medical expenses. they are trying to gain $100,000 and have raised $10,000 so far.

UPDATE1/11

Cooper has been scheduled to move from his hospital room to a care facility, but due to sickness they are not able to move him

“He cannot be moved to facilities until he is fever free for 24-48 hours,” according to Facebook page Prayers for Cole Cooper. “They are checking him for viruses and any other issues that may cause these complications.”

UPDATE 1/5

At the start of the New Year’s Cooper has been making progress on his recovery, by moving parts of his body.

“Cole has begun moving limbs such as his arms, he isn’t moving his limbs because he can, but he is moving him mostly to reflex or reaction” said close family friend Jennifer Smith.”Doctors also come in to move Cole so that he doesn’t get stiff.”

UPDATE 12/6

Faith Germany (11) and her mom Tasha Crawford have made Cole cooper shirts and are selling them 25$ for normal shirts and 27$ for bleached shirts. The money from the shirts will go towards Cole’s parents.

“Its very tragic what happened, and all the money that is being raised is going to be given to his parents,” Faith Germany said.” I felt like its the least I can do for him and his family.

People can contact Faith or Tasha to order the shirts by their contact info.

• Faith Germany (936)-525-8819
  • Tasha Crawford (936)-697-9726

UPDATE 12/1

Students can now write letters to Cole Copper wishing him well and hoping he makes a speedy recovery. The letters can be delivered to Dr. Stichlers office and will be picked up by Cole’s family. The letters will later be taken to Cole’s hospital bed and will be read to him by his family.

ORIGINAL REPORT

Dozens of students and community members attended a vigil Sunday afternoon and before school Monday to pray for senior Cole Cooper’s recovery.

He crashed into the bridge on South Duck Creek Road on Thursday, Nov. 24 about 10:30 p.m., according to Montgomery County Police Reporter. Cooper’s vehicle went through the railing and was hanging off the side of the bridge with Cooper unresponsive inside. The railing went through the vehicle, pinning him inside.

MCPR reported Cooper lost control of the vehicle for reasons unknown, but noted “one left rear tire had no tread and the seatbelt had not been used.” The Texas Department of Public Safety is investigating the cause of the crash.

In an email Monday afternoon, Principal Dr. Jeff Stichler sent the following message to parents and students:

“Dear CCHS Parents and Students,

In an effort to dispel misinformation, and with the permission of Cole Cooper’s family, Caney Creek HS would like to share the following information regarding Cole’s status.

Cole was involved in an accident over the Thanksgiving Break. He is hospitalized and in a medically induced coma. The swelling on his brain has subsided, and he is making positive progress.

We would ask that you continue to keep Cole and his family in your prayers as he continues his recovery.”