Zimmer named Conroe ISD Secondary Teacher of the Year

Photo: Stephen Green

Campus faculty and staff applaud English Department Chair Christine Zimmer for being named Conroe ISD Secondary Teacher of the Year at a faculty meeting at 9 a.m. Friday, May 5 a day after evacuating the building due to a mysterious odor.

Staff Report

English Department Chair Christine Zimmer was named the Conroe ISD Secondary Teacher of the Year at the Salute to Education event Thursday, May 4.

Zimmer teaches English II and is the assistant cheerleading coach. She was named the Caney Creek High School Teacher of the Year in February after winning a vote from the school’s faculty and staff.

Instructional coach Terrie Carman was named the campus Humanitarian of the Year, which honors employees who demonstrate service to the campus, while math teacher Julia Revelli was named Rising Star of the Year, which honors teachers who have been at the campus less than three years but demonstrate high quality.

The award came after Zimmer and other faculty spent most of the day evacuating students from the building due to a mysterious odor amidst a bizarre two weeks of newsmaking events.

VIDEO HERE