Student Newspaper of Caney Creek High School

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Poll

This poll has ended.

Which class will win the powderpuff football game?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

SPORTS RECAP: Track places in meet, Girls bowling goes to state

SET UP. Senior Jordan Jahn sets up for a free kick at the soccer game against College park on Tuesday Feb .27, 2024. The game was full of tension however the team lost 1-3). ”We not only show up for ourselves but we show up for each other, there’s never a time on the field when i feel alone because I know each of my teammates have my back.” Jahn said. ”A goal I have for my team is to keep our heads in the game and continue to work hard in practice and have each others backs.”

BOYS SOCCER

The boys played one match on Tuesday, Feb. 27 against College Park and lost with a score of 0-1.

GIRLS SOCCER

The girls played on Tuesday, Feb. 27, 2024 against College Park with a score of 1-3.

Keep scrolling to read more!

BASEBALL

The baseball team played in the Ferrell Classic Tournament. The team went 3-2 overall. On Thursday, Feb. 29, 2024 they won with a score of 8-0 against Cypress Ridge and lost against Klein Forest with a score 2-10. On March 1, 2024 they won against Aldine Nimitz with a score of 10-4. The last win of the tournament came with a 6-1 score over Aldine on March 2, 2024. 

SOFTBALL

The Softball team participated in six matches. On Tuesday, Feb. 27, 2024  they played against Cleveland and lost 0-10. On Thursday, Feb. 29 they played two matches, one against Fredericksburg and the other being against Chaparral. They won against Chaparral 9-2 and lost to Fredericksburg 1-8.

On March 1, 2024 they participated in a match against Spring Hill and won with a score of 10-4. On March 2, 2024 they participated in two matches. One being against La Vernia and the other being against Ingleside. They beat La Vernia 8-6 and lost to Ingleside 1-7.

GIRLS BOWLING

The team participated in the regional tournament on March 3, 2024. The team finished in 2nd place and qualified for the state tournament. Abby Cross got 2nd place and Natalie Barker got 3rd, for single bowlers and both qualified for state. 

TRACK AND FIELD

Track had a home field on Feb. 29, 2024. The team won 1st for men’s 4 x 400m relay. Addison Blanks received a gold medal for her high jump. Morghen Vawter placed 1st for men’s 400y and men’s 800y. Logan Berggren got 1st for men’s 1600y and men’s 3200y. Trey Jackson placed 2nd for men’s 110y hurdles and for men’s triple jump. Jason Holmes placed 1st for men’s 300y hurdles. 

Donate to Creek Compass
$0
$650
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Caney Creek High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment, travel expenses, development opportunities and cover our annual website-hosting costs.