Student Newspaper of Caney Creek High School

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Poll

This poll has ended.

Which class will win the powderpuff football game?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

MEET THE PANTHER: Angel Garcia

Angel+Garcia
Photo: Bryan Padgett
Angel Garcia

Angel Garcia

• Grade:12
  • School Activities: K-pan/panther productions

How would other people describe you as a person?

I’d say that that gives off the impression of being shy but nice, mostly chill.

What do you do outside of school for fun? Why?

Keep scrolling to read more!

I like to work on my 240sx because its my dream car and I enjoy it.

What career do you want to pursue? Why?

I want to work in the mechanic industry because I would like to pursue this career in Japan. 

When people get to know you, what are they most surprised to learn about you? 

They’d say my humor because I really don’t show it unless it’s with my friends. 

What is your hidden talent?

For my hidden talent I can do the three leaf clover with my tongue.

What’s on your phone background? Tell us why you chose that.

My car because I’ve put a lot of work into it.

Tell us the story about what you are most proud of yourself for.

My weight loss is what I am most proud about because it came with a lot of challenges and difficulties along the way, like depression and the feeling of rejection. Throughout this journey I have made many sacrifices, turning my back on the world. I isolated myself to the people who cared for me the most and I gave up on myself. There was times I would overthink but this one time I felt someone’s presents next to me, telling me to keep on going, and I thought to myself “if I wake up every day then I have a purpose here right?” So I kept going. I didn’t give up, I made myself confident, started to believe in myself, I also started to smile more and enjoy life more and tried making new friends along the way.

Who is someone you are thankful for and why?

I’m thankful for my girlfriend and my family because they have supported me from the beginning.

What advice would you give to your younger self?

Don’t let people’s opinions have an effect on your self-image. 

What do you hope to be remembered for?

If I’m being honest I don’t want to be remembered as anything in the beginning because I was scared of the change and how people would react. Looking back at it now, I know that I want to be remembered as a person who overcomes his challenges and because my journey has changed me for the better and this is not the end. 

What’s on your bucket list?

My bucket list is traveling, buy a house, get married, become a father, move to Japan and live my life to the fullest.

Favorites

• Food: Chicken and wasabi
  • Restaurant: Chick -fil- A and Churches Chicken 
  • Music: Pop music, The Weeknd
  • TV Show: “Cyberpunk: Edgerunners”
  • Movie: “Tokyo Drift”
  • Book: “Initial D” manga series by Shuichi Shigeno
  • Class: Spanish 1,my freshman year
  • Teacher: Cassidy Conroy

Donate to Creek Compass
$0
$650
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Caney Creek High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment, travel expenses, development opportunities and cover our annual website-hosting costs.