Student Newspaper of Caney Creek High School

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Poll

This poll has ended.

Which class will win the powderpuff football game?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Student Media releases smartphone news app

In line with Student Media’s new web focus, editors have released access to a smartphone app that will bring all the news on CCHSCompass.com straight to the phones of its readers.

“We’re proud to introduce the news app in hopes of connecting the school more,” Executive Editor Natalia Molina said. “The app is a new form for students and faculty to interact and view our publications in a more accessible way.”

The app is called Student News Source through Student Newspapers Online, the company that hosts the Creek Compass website. It is free and available in both Apple’s App Store and Google’s Google Play Store.

“I’m very excited to have the app mostly because it makes it easier for us to just click and have news load rather than have to look (the website) up and need certain amount of signal to have it pop up,” Web Editor-in-Chief Margarita Rangel said. “This means we’re becoming one with the modern age. It takes a village to help a kid flourish and our child is flourishing.”

Keep scrolling to read more!

Web Editor-in-Chief Kim Cruz also noted the improvement from the mobile app.

“The debut of our news app and to see our publication changing for the better is amazing,” Cruz said. “The Creek Compass will have a different way of reaching more people.”

To download, go to either the App Store or Google Play store and download the Student News Source app. Then, search for Caney Creek High School, and set up notification settings. Readers will be able to sign up for push notifications, follow their favorite writers, photographers and designers, and favorite content.

STEPS TO DOWNLOAD APP

1. Download the app from the App Store or Google Play
  2. Search for Caney Creek High School
  3. Set up notifications
  4. Enjoy

Donate to Creek Compass
$0
$650
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Caney Creek High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment, travel expenses, development opportunities and cover our annual website-hosting costs.