Free breakfast now available to all students

Photo: Stephen Green

Caney Creek feeder zone employees unload breakfast and lunch bags during a curbside food distribution March 20, soon after the district stopped in-person learning.

From now through December 2020, all breakfast and lunch will be free for all in-person and remote students, as well as children 18 and younger in the community.

The new district offering is thanks to funding from the United States Department of Agriculture.

Remote students and children 18 and younger who are not attending school on campus may receive free curbside meals on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 a.m. until noon on the bus ramp or designated location at certain schools. Parents should go to the school in their child’s school feeder zone to pick up meals.

Instructions for properly storing and heating food are located on the Conroe ISD Child Nutrition website.

If children are not present in the vehicle when picking up meals, parents/guardians MUST have an approved form of ID for each child to receive meals.

According to the district, students who attend school in person are not eligible to receive curbside meals. In addition, picking up meals at multiple campuses is not permitted.