Student Newspaper of Caney Creek High School

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Poll

This poll has ended.

Which class will win the powderpuff football game?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

Exemption Policy Changes for Students

Photo: Margarita Rangel
New exemption form requirements for all grade levels given out to students who are eligible. All fines must be cleared before submitting form, all forms due Dec. 7, 2023 at 2:30 p.m. to Ms. Dominguez in the front office.

Monday Dec. 11, 2023 to Friday Dec. 15, 2023 students will be taking their final exams. 

The exemption policy is different from last year, this year it will allow seniors to exempt all Fall and Spring exams if they have an average of 80 with four absences and a 90 average with three absences per semester. 

Lower classes may only exempt during the Spring semester; juniors can exempt five exams, sophomores can exempt four, and freshmen can exempt three. Their average must be an 80 to a 90, allowing three semester absences for an average of 80 or four semester absences for a 90 average. Absences from the Fall semester will carry over into Spring.

The discipline requirements are as follows; students who receive  ISS, OSS, DAEP, or JAEP are not eligible for exemption from their exams. 10 tardies are allowed per semester, and all fines and fees must be cleared.

Keep scrolling to read more!

On Tuesday, Dec. 12, 2023, exams will begin in 7th period from 12:35 p.m. to 2:25 p.m. Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday of the same week will be half days where students will take two exams a day; releasing at 11:20 a.m. on these days. Wednesday exams will be 1st and 2nd, Thursday exams will be 3rd and 4th, and Friday exams will be 5th and 6th. 

Donate to Creek Compass
$0
$650
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Caney Creek High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment, travel expenses, development opportunities and cover our annual website-hosting costs.