Student Newspaper of Caney Creek High School

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Poll

This poll has ended.

Which class will win the powderpuff football game?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

SPORTS RECAP 11/27-12/8: School golf record broken

GOLF

Golf has recently participated in a tournament on Monday, Nov. 28, 2023 in which, Jade Pierce placed first and broke the school record. The previous school record was 85 and Pierce beat the record by 4 shots scoring a 81.

SWIM

The swim team has been growing rapidly with many students transferring into swim. On Friday, Nov. 17, 2023 two swim team members, sophomore Abigail De La Garza and senior Marko Elvira qualified and participated in TISCA, which is a regional and state wide competition that requires you to meet certain time qualifications in order to participate.  

Keep scrolling to read more!

BOYS BASKETBALL

Boys had 5 matches from 11/27 to 12/8. They won one of the five on Tuesday, Nov, 28. 2023 against Conroe with a score of 50-48. On Thursday, Nov. 30, 2023 they lost two games, one against Clear Creek with a score of 39-47 and the other against Langham Creek with a score of 35-72. They lost both of their most recent games against Heights and Grand Oaks. Heights with a score of 31-60 on Friday, Dec. 1, 2023 and Grand Oaks with a score of 48-63 on Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2023. Their next match is Friday, Dec, 8. 2023 against Tivy.

GIRLS BASKETBALL

Girls had 6 matches from 11/27 to 12/8. They won one of the six. They lost against Conroe on Tuesday, Nov. 28, 2023 with a score of 34-46.  On Friday, Dec. 1, 2023 they won one of two games, they won against New Caney with a score of 49-36 and lost the other against Barbers Hill with a score of 27-65. The day after, Saturday, Dec. 2, 2023, they lost two games, one against

Hamshire-Fannett with a score of 37-56 and the other against Alief Hastings with a score of 37-62. They lost their most recent game against Grand Oaks on Tuesday, Dec. 5, 2023 with a score of 40-68. Their next match is on Friday, Dec. 8, 2023 against Cleveland.

BOWLING

Bowling had two matches, they lost one on Wednesday, Nov. 29, 2023 against Willis. They won the other one on Wednesday, Dec. 6, 2023 against Conroe. Their next on Wednesday, Jan. 17, 2023 against Lake Creek.

Donate to Creek Compass
$0
$650
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Caney Creek High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment, travel expenses, development opportunities and cover our annual website-hosting costs.