Student Newspaper of Caney Creek High School

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Poll

This poll has ended.

Which class will win the powderpuff football game?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

School to start on 2 hour delay

School will start on a two hour delay at 9:10 a.m. tomorrow, Thursday, Jan. 25, 2024. Buses will pick up students at scheduled times just two hours later than normal and dismissal times will remain the same.

District Superintendent Curtis Null, announced the delay today, Jan, 24, 2024 at 4:45 p.m. over a live video on the districts youtube channel. According to Null, the district took this decision to ensure the community’s safety.

“We don’t ever want to take a chance with safety in Conroe ISD,” Null said. “We want to make sure that both our students and staff have the ability to get to school safely.”

In the live video, Null states that the district has been monitoring the weather for the past few days. It has been in close contact with weather forecasts, the Office of Emergency Management of Montgomery County and San Jacinto River Authority.

Keep scrolling to read more!

“It seemed appropriate to go ahead and make that decision now so that we can give you plenty of warning,” Null said.

The two-hour delay will allow the district to mark any dangerous roads prior to when buses, student drivers, parents and faculty make their way to school and so that there will be daylight to see on the roads.

There will be a slight change to the schedule tomorrow as follows:

1st period: 9:10-9:38 a.m.

2nd period: 9:44-10:12 a.m. (with shortened announcements)

3rd period: 10:18-10:46 a.m.

4th period: 10:52-11:20 a.m.

5th period:

A Lunch 11:20-11:50 a.m.                  Class 11:55 a.m. to 12:55 p.m.  Advisory (D) 12:55-1:20 p.m.

B Lunch 11:50 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.      Class 12:25-1:20 p.m.                Advisory (A) 11:26-11:50 a.m.

C Lunch 12:20-12:50 p.m.                 Class 11:26 a.m. to 12:20 p.m.  Advisory (D) 12:55-1:20 p.m.

D Lunch 12:50-1:20 p.m.                  Class 11:50 a.m. to 12:50 p.m.   Advisory (A) 11:26-11:50 a.m.

6th period: 1:26-1:54 p.m.

7th period: 2:00-2:25 p.m.

Donate to Creek Compass
$0
$650
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Caney Creek High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment, travel expenses, development opportunities and cover our annual website-hosting costs.