Student Newspaper of Caney Creek High School

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Poll

This poll has ended.

Which class will win the powderpuff football game?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

SPORTS RECAP 1/22 – 1/29: Girls basketball JV, Freshman win against Willis

Photo: Ezri Luna
RUNAWAY. Senior Alexis Cruz dribbles the ball as an opponent tries to take it during the game against College Park on Friday, Jan. 26, 2024. Cruz ended the game with one assist though the team fell short on a loss of 3-2. “I felt good that game, I felt pretty sharp,” Cruz said. “We lost but we got to play in the rain and it felt amazing.”

TRACK AND FIELD

Track and field will have their first practice meet on 2/9.

BOYS BASKETBALL

Boys basketball had a match against Willis on the 1/27. They lost with a score of 91-30. Their next game will be on 1/31 against The Woodlands. 

Keep scrolling to read more!

GIRLS BASKETBALL

Last week girls basketball had one match on Friday, 1/26. Varsity lost with a score of 40-30 against Willis,  JV and freshman won the game, Freshman scoring a win with 36-10 . The next game will be Jan. 31 against The Woodlands.

BOYS SOCCER

Last week, boys soccer had one match on 1/23 against Cleveland, winning 7-4. Against, College Park the team lost 3-2.

GIRLS SOCCER 

Girls soccer had a total of two matches. On 1/23 they tied with a score of 0-0 against Cleveland. They lost the second game against College Park on 1/26 with a score of 2-0. Their next match will be Feb. 3 against Willis. 

BOYS SWIM

The boys swam a 200 freestyle relay and placed 7th overall at the Conroe ISD Natatorium. They did not qualify for regionals. 

GIRLS SWIM

The girls swam the 200 freestyle relay and placed 8th overall at the Conroe ISD Natatorium. They did not qualify for the regionals .

Donate to Creek Compass
$0
$650
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Caney Creek High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment, travel expenses, development opportunities and cover our annual website-hosting costs.