Student Newspaper of Caney Creek High School

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Poll

This poll has ended.

Which class will win the powderpuff football game?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

CLUB ROUNDUP: Theater advances to next round; choir receives superior ratings at competition

CHIMES. Senior Jordan Jahn plays the wind chimes during the Jazz band and Percussion concert on Wednesday Feb. 21, 2024. In preparation for the concert, Jahn would practice before school started, along with her percussion friends. “During the concert, I think we were all relaxed and just having fun,” Jahn said. “I mean, there was no real pressure, so we were all relaxed. I feel like we played really well. I’ve learned that having an amazing group of people behind you helps you feel more confident in what you’re about to perform.”

BAND

The mighty panther jazz band performed their concert in the gym on Wednesday, Feb. 21, 2024.

BIOTECHNOLOGY

Biotechnology had two groups compete on Saturday Feb.24, 2024 at Lonestar College.

Keep scrolling to read more!
  • Paige Barker, Abigail Christian, Krystal Avila, and Samantha Reese all received high scores in their competition but didn’t place.

COMMERCIAL PHOTOGRAPHY

Senior Justin Esteban receives an Honorable mention award in a digital image contest at the ATPI winter conference in Austin on Friday, March 1, 2024.

CHOIR

Choir received superior ratings from all judges from its competition in North Texas Madrigal Festival on Saturday. March 2, 2024.

THEATER

Theatre department competed in its zone competition on Feb. 28, 2024 and will be advancing to the next round on Tuesday, March 4, 2024 at Willis High School.

Five of its members obtained awards:

• Ana Chavez- Best Technician
  •  Cameron Butler and Keegan Bouton- Honorable Mention All Star Cast 
  •  Evan Underwood and Yesenia Dowdell- All Star Cast

TAFE

The TAFE club went to its competition in Kalhari Texas. They left on Wednesday, Feb. 28 and came back Friday, March 1, 2024. 

Listed below are the following students who competed and placed. 

• Lydia Moreno placed a gold award in Chapter yearbook. 
  • Justis Hardy placed a gold award in Chapter yearbook. 
  • Rita Barrados  placed a gold award in Chapter yearbook. 
  • Ja’sha Bolden placed gold in interactive bulletin board. 
  • Grace Navarrete placed a silver award for the interactive bulletin board. 
  • Serenity Smith placed a silver award for the interactive bulletin board. 

SWAC COUNCIL

The SWAC council team competed in a contest on Thursday, Feb. 22, 2024. The club competed against 40 other schools but didn’t place. 

FFA

The FFA club had a contest on Wednesday Feb.21, 2024 at Cypress Creek.

• Mariela Quintana Batalla placed 3rd overall in veterinary science 
  • Julie Juarez also placed 3rd in veterinary Science 

WELDING

Anthony DeLeon placed 6th and Jesus Cisneros placed 2nd at the Universal Technical Institute welding on Saturday, March 2, 2024.

Donate to Creek Compass
$0
$650
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Caney Creek High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment, travel expenses, development opportunities and cover our annual website-hosting costs.