Student Newspaper of Caney Creek High School

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

SPORTS RECAP 2/5-2/12: Track breaks school records

BOYS BASKETBALL

Boys basketball had 2 matches. One against New Caney on Feb.7, losing with a score of 52-39.The other one was against Cleavland on Feb. 10. They won with a score of 52-39. Their next and last match will be on Feb. 14 against The woodlands.

GIRLS BASKETBALL

Girls basketball had one match against New Caney on Feb. 7. They won with a score of 35-34.This will be their last game.

Keep scrolling to read more!

BOYS SOCCER

Boys soccer had 2 matches. One match on Feb. 6, against The Woodlands they lost with a score of 3-2. The other game was against Oak Ridge on Feb. 9. They won with a score of 4-1. Their next game will be on 2/15 against Conroe.

GIRLS SOCCER 

Girls soccer had 2 matches. One match against The Woodlands on Feb. 6, they lost with a score of 6-1. The other one was against Oak Ridge on Feb. 9, they lost with a score of 5-1. Their next game will be on Feb. 12 against New Caney.

WRESTLING

The wrestling team competed at regionals this past weekend and came away with two State alternates and two state qualifiers.  Senior Jordan Nance and junior Miaham Jimenez each placed 5th place. Senior Emma Lacount and junior Katherine Kaminski each placed 4th place, qualifying them for the state tournament in Cypress on Feb. 16 – Feb. 17, 2024.

TRACK AND FIELD

Sophomore Emily Rosales, sophomore Analily Organes, junior Jalila Burd and freshman Avery Castaneda broke the Girls Sprint Medley Relay school record. Along with junior Leonardo Ramirez, sophomore Logan Berggren, senior Morghen Vawter and senior Tyler Zubik, who broke the Boys Distance Medley Relay school record.

Donate to Creek Compass
$0
$650
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Caney Creek High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment, travel expenses, development opportunities and cover our annual website-hosting costs.