Student Newspaper of Caney Creek High School

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Creek Compass

Poll

This poll has ended.

Which class will win the powderpuff football game?

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

SPORTS RECAP 2/12 – 2/19: Boys Varsity Soccer beats Conroe 1-0

CROSS. Sophomore forward Emily Rosales with the ball on Monday, Feb. 12, 2024. Rosales was on the wing being contested by the New Caney defender until crossing the ball in.“It was okay, it wasn’t anything great or bad,” Rosales said. “We did good but know we could have done better, still pleased with the win.”

BOYS BASKETBALL

Boys basketball had their last game on Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2024.  They lost against The Woodlands with a score of 51-59 to end off the season.

BOYS SOCCER

Last week, boys soccer had two matches, one on Monday, Feb. 12, 2024 against New Caney. They tied with a score of 1-1. The other one was on Thursday, Feb. 15, 2024 against Conroe, they won with a score of 1-0. Their next game will be on Tuesday, Feb. 27, 2024  against College Park.

Keep scrolling to read more!

GIRLS SOCCER 

Girls soccer had two matches. On Monday, Feb. 12, 2024 they lost with a score of 0-5 against New Caney. On Thursday, Feb. 15, 2024 they tied with a score of 0-0 against Conroe. Their next match will be on Tuesday, Feb. 20, 2024 against Grand Oaks. 

WRESTLING

Four members from the wrestling team had participated in the 6A State Wrestling tournament this past weekend. Senior Emma LaCount won twice and junior Kate Kaminski took 6th place and is now the new record holder with the most wins in a season with 38.

TRACK AND FIELD

Track and Field had a JV meet on Wednesday, Feb. 14, 2024 at New Caney High School and another on Thursday, Feb. 15, 2024  at Splendora High School.

TENNIS

The varsity tennis team competed in the Livingston Tournament on Thursday, Feb. 15, 2024. In girls singles, Destiny Sparks made it to the semifinals in the main bracket. Freshman Will Pirela and sophomore Angelica Newman won in mixed doubles. The girls doubles team of seniors Mary Ruelas and Aralynn Miracle won first place in the consolation bracket.

Donate to Creek Compass
$0
$650
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Caney Creek High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment, travel expenses, development opportunities and cover our annual website-hosting costs.