Schools front construction comes to an end

Jose Gomez, State & International News Editor

The construction in the previous front office of Caney Creek is reaching its final stretch. When students come back from Thanksgiving break on Nov. 28, 2022 the construction will be expected to be completed and ready for students, faculty, staff and visitors to come in and out of the building.

During Thanksgiving break certain areas of the front were turned over. 

“There is a difference between being completed and turned over; they’re turning over certain areas of the front in order for us to begin the move in process,” Associate Principal of Operations Brad Milam said. “The fire marshall still has to certify that that area of the building can be occupied.”

Once the fire marshall approves of the turn over the front staff will start moving certain items to the new registrar’s office in order to get ready to be moved in and fully occupied.

Even though the moving process is happening soon, that doesn’t mean that the whole front construction has been completed.

“The piece that is still under construction is the lobby area where people will be having to come through multiple buzz in doors,” Milam said. “They’re finalizing all the security systems, so that means that the ability to get into the building will be the last thing that is done.”

When students come back from Thanksgiving break they will be able to enter the front of the building with no problem.

“The goal is that by 4:30 on the 28th the front offices will have all the attendance personnel and the reception personnel moved in,” Milam said.